JUST SILLY JUST CRAZY JUST MY LIFE!!!

Friday, July 18, 2008

I Need Therapy

So here is the story that goes with the picture of the sunset through the grass. I decided that I wanted to get some pictures of the sunset out at Saltair. I gathered all my stuff and set off around 8:15. Well, I miss calculated how long it would take me to get there, and the sun set was at 8:54 that day, so I didnt get there in time to hike out to the lake. But I got out my camera and set up a shot right in the parking lot along with several other people there to watch the sunset. The colors were amazing that evening!! truely incredible, and I wish I knew how to make a camera show how awesome the color was! Any way, I got some decent shots. After the sun was gone, and nearly all the color, I got an idea to jump onto some rocks in the middle of some tall grasses and shoot the picture through them! Cool idea, right! So, being the daring, sometimes unthinking, girl I can be, I hoped up onto one of the rocks and stepped down onto another one right in the middle of all the grass. With the color quickly dissapearing, I immidiatly set up the shot and didnt really pay attention to anything else. After I snapped the shot I glanced to my left and saw an aweful sight! A GIANT spider web with 2 of the biggest spiders I have ever seen in it!!! I immidiately started to freak, but got control of myself. Well, until I looked to my right and saw even more!! I looked all around me and realized I was surrounded!! There had to be 15 or 20 of these huge spiders in all these huge webs. I FREAKED, and turned around to jump out the way I came, thats when I saw the remnants of a spiderweb that I HAD JUMPED THROUGH!! I flew out of there faster than Superman ever flew!!! By this point I was crying my eyes out, screaming, and to top it all off, beating myself. Oh, and remember, I wasnt alone!! I did all this wigging in front of 10 or so total strangers!!! Finally a woman got the courage to come up to me to see what was going on. She helped me check to make sure I didnt have any spiders on me. It still took me a good half an hour to calm down, and I didnt sleep well that night. In fact I've had a spider nightmare every night since then. My mom and best friend think I need therapy. I think I might agree with them.

No comments: